Sawtooth publishing server
This server is used for publishing surveys created by the Sawtooth software. For more information on this subject please consult your faculty.
The steps below describe the steps and settings on how to configure the application in order to upload to this publishing server.
- Create or open a Study (survey)
- Select 'Field' followed by 'Web Server Management'
- Enter the following details (from top to bottom):
Select 'Upload Survey to Server'
Click 'Close' when it's done
- Account Name: VUSawtooth
- Database Name: sawtooth
- Database User Name: sawtooth
- Database Password: <request this password>
- Database Server: MySQL
- Web Root URL: https://sawtooth.vu.nl/<VUnetid>
- Host Name: sawtoothftp.vu.nl
- FTP User Name: <VUnetid>
- FTP Password: <password>
- Remote study path (optional): if you plan to use more than one survey, then create a path
- When uploading multiple surveys using a single VUnetid always create a seperate study (survey) and use the 'Remote study path'
- Check the 'Web Root URL' for the right protocol. Be sure to enter 'https' instead of 'http', or you will receive an error
- This upload method is succesfully tested with the SSI Web 8 (version 8.0.2) client software.